1. The inside of your cabinets is treated with paraffin oil. We have applied a single sealing layer, which is usually enough for the inside to age beautifully over time. If you wish, you can reinforce this protection with yet another layer. Apply with a well moistened cloth, sponge or brush. Let soak for about five minutes, then wipe with a dry cloth thoroughly. The harder you dry and polish, the smoother the surface you get.
2. The frame is painted with water-based carpentry paint. If you get stains, wipe these off with a mild detergent such as soap. Try to avoid acid-based detergents as these can cause discoloration. If you need to repaint any damage, use water-based carpentry paint and the same NCS code you ordered the kitchen in.
3. The doors and drawer fronts are painted in either water-based industrial lacquer or conversion varnish. If you get stains, wipe these off with a mild detergent such as soap. Try to avoid acid-based detergents as these can cause discoloration. If you need to repair damage, you can use a water-based carpentry paint in the same NCS code you ordered the kitchen in. The result is not perfect but it protects the surface until it’s time for a future repaint.
4. In kitchens with partial overlay doors, the doors sit on overlay hinges. In the small contact surface between the hinges, it can be good to put a small dollop of universal grease. Lift off the cover and apply the grease, about the size of a drop, on the contact surface. Spread out the grease with your fingertip. Hang on the door and gently wiggle the door back and forth. Wipe the leftover grease with a dry kitchen paper. To adjust hinges, a hinge adjustment tool (hinge tweaker) must be used.
5. In kitchens with modern hinges from Blum you do not need to add additional oil or grease. On the contrary, lubrication can damage your hinges if applied incorrectly. Wipe them with a damp cloth if they get dirty. Hinges can be adjusted with the crosshead screws located on the hinge. Use a Phillips screwdriver
6. Our drawer fittings are made by Blum. These fittings should also not be treated with additional oil or grease,tt as damage can incur if applied incorrectly. Importantly, these should be kept as dust and dirt free as possible during their lifetime. After a few years, you can wipe them gently with a damp cloth and vacuum areas surrounding the drawers. The drawers can be detached from their slide fittings using the front fastener on the drawer’s underside. These fasteners also allow you to adjust the position of the drawers in the frame. For more information about this you can find assembly videos online from Blum Movento.
We hope these tips help you with your cabinet installation and results in as nice and functional a kitchen as possible. Good luck!
Download these instructions in PDF format.